Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA) implementation, possible restrictions and tariff increases, and issues surrounding market access to the United States for the aluminium sector.
Potential impacts of s.232 tariffs on aluminum to industry and access to the US market.
Discussion of economic stimulus package for industry in response to COVID-19.
Discussion of resource sector competitiveness in British Columbia with respect to critical minerals strategy, productivity, technology and innovation, skill and development, and taxation, as well as providing updates on Rio Tinto's projects.
Discussion on potential provincial programs aimed to enhance Indigenous economic development opportunities, including hydro-electric projects.
Climate change policy, developing policies for the revision and implementation of the BC Carbon Tax.
Ambient Air Quality Objectives, including monitoring and permitting under Rio Tinto’s P2 permit and Environmental Effects Monitoring program.
Workplace - health directives, for industrial camps, fly in and fly out arrangements including screening mechanisms, as part of COVID-19 health and safety management.
Encouraging the provincial government to support and fund the expansion of cellphone connectivity in north central British Columbia.
Updates on Watershed Engagement Initiative (WEI) for Nechako Reservoir.
Discuss opportunities to participate in the Clean Energy BC Program.
Seek provincial support for modification of federal tax policy treatment for mining and aluminium smelting sector.
The establishment of an innovation fund to support the development of a clean growth technology in the aluminium sector.
Documenting river changes affecting RTA’s Kitimat land ownership.
- Development of any legislative proposal by the government of British Columbia, a Provincial entity or a member of the Legislative Assembly
- Development or enactment of any regulation, including the enactment of a regulation for the purposes of amending or repealing a regulation
- Development, establishment, amendment or termination of any program, policy, directive or guideline of the government of British Columbia or a Provincial entity
- Awarding, amendment or termination of any contract, grant or financial benefit by or on behalf of the government of British Columbia or a Provincial entity
- Decision by the Executive Council or a member of the Executive Council to transfer from the Crown for consideration all or part of, or any interest in or asset of, any business, enterprise or institution that provides goods or services to the Crown, a Provincial entity or the public
COVID-19, Conservation, Economic Development and Trade, Education, Emergency Preparedness, Employment and Training, Energy, Environment, Finances and Budgets, Fisheries, Health, Industry, Infrastructure, International Trade, Labour/Labour Relations, Mining, Regional Development, Science and Technology, Taxation and Finance, Telecommunications, Transportation